Fans Can Collect Up to 30 Specially-Designed Pins for a Chance to Win a Trip to Tokyo, Host City of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, and Other Samsung Prizes
Olympians are showcasing their athletic feats to the world throughout the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, but fans and consumers in Rio are competing in an entirely different type of activity: Olympic Pin collecting. Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Worldwide Olympic Partner in the wireless communications equipment category, is offering fans the chance to celebrate the Olympic Spirit, add to their Olympic pin collections and win once-in-a-lifetime prizes through their Rio 2016 pin promotion.
Samsung is bringing a new level to the spectator sport of pin collecting at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games by offering fans the chance to gather up to 30 specially-designed Olympic Games pins. The brand’s unique pin promotion includes 22 Olympic Games sport-themed pins, as well as eight Rio de Janeiro themed pins and a Rio 2016 decorated pin board. One lucky fan who collects all 30 pins and the pin board will win a round-trip package for two to Tokyo, Host City of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games. Additional prizes include the Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition, Gear IconX cord-free fitness earbuds, and other mobile accessories.
Fans can participate in the Samsung Pin promotion by visiting the Galaxy Studio in Olympic Park and completing a variety of interactive experiences, including:
- Complete the full Galaxy S7 experience journey, which includes a 4D Virtual Reality experience, S7 + Run fitness challenge, S7 + beat music demo, and more for 1 pin
- Test the water-resistant feature of the Galaxy S7 by using the device to catch fish in a “Digital Pond” for 1 pin
- Visit the S7 Lounge for a hands-on product experience for 1 pin
- After collecting 3 pins, fans will earn 1 pin board
- Varying numbers of pins can also be acquired by purchasing Samsung products at the Galaxy Studio, including the Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy A5 and A7, and other Galaxy products
In addition to the Galaxy Studio in Olympic Park, fans can take part in the pin promotion at several other Galaxy Studio locations throughout Rio, Sao Paulo, and other local cities in Brazil. Fans can also earn pins by participating in up to four missions that will be unlocked throughout the Olympic Games, and must be completed within a designated timeframe. The missions will range from sharing messages on social media to visiting local Samsung stores in local shopping malls.